Aston on Trent History – Timeline of Important Dates1884Probable date of the consecration of the new burial ground on Moor Lane.1887In recognition of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee two oak Trees were planted at the entrance to the Moor Lane cemetery. 1898Aston on Trent Hall and its estate is sold to William Dickson Winterbottom, a Manchester book-cloth manufacturer, for the sum of £96,232. The estate comprised about two thirds of the parish including a large proportion of the village dwellings and commercial premises.1898The FA Cup comes to Aston on Trent after the Cup Final between Nottingham Forest and Derby County which Forest won 3-1. The Cup was brought to Aston on Trent by Frank Foreman who was born in Aston on Trent and played at right-half for Forest. Many villagers drank beer from the Cup during the celebrations. 1901Population of Aston on Trent 537.1907West wing added to Aston on Trent Hall.1910Stable block and water tower for Aston Lodge built opposite the parish church. 1911Population of Aston on Trent 525.1914-1918William Dickson Winterbottom gave up part of Aston on Trent Hall for use as an auxiliary hospital for the convalescence of wounded servicemen. It was administered by the British Red Cross and contained 33 beds. 1918Lych gate built and dedicated to the memory of the Rev. James Shuttleworth Holden – Rector of Aston on Trent for 47 years, 1869 to 1916. 1922 In December of this year a bronze memorial tablet to the 19 men of Aston on Trent who lost their lives in the First World War was unveiled at a service in the parish church. The unveiling was carried out by Mr. Richard Smith who lost 2 sons during the conflict. Later on the same day Aston’s War Memorial Hall was formerly opened by Mrs. Winterbottom wife of Lieut-Col William Dickson Winterbottom of Aston on Trent Hall.