Aston on Trent History – Timeline of Important Dates1945August 15th - Peace celebrations held with a Thanksgiving Service in the village centre and community singing and dancing in the War Memorial Hall. August 16th - Children’s tea party, bonfire at dusk and more dancing in the War Memorial Hall. August 17th – Outing to Matlock for the over 65s returning for tea in the War Memorial Hall.August 17th – Sports on the playing fields.August 18th – Open-air Thanksgiving Service.1947Compton Avenue and Holden Avenue built.1952Death of Reginald Sam Boden in his 80th year. The Boden family lived at Aston Lodge from 1908 until c1925. He was chairman of Boden and Co. Ltd., net manufacturers of London Road, Derby.1954The Aston on Trent and Weston on Trent Branch of the Royal British Legion formed.1956Major extensions to Aston on Trent Hall Hospital.1956‘Young Wives’ organisation established – later to become CAMEO (come and meet each other) a group for friendship and fellowship.1961Retirement of Walter Shirley, headmaster of Aston on Trent school for 35 years.1965Aston on Trent brickworks closed.1965Final meeting of the Aston on Trent Point to Point Races. The races had been held annually at Aston on Trent since the early 1930s by the Earl of Harrington’s Hunt, but organisation of the event was taken over by the Meynell Hunt after the Second World War.1967Opening of the new Methodist Church. Built on land previously occupied by the 1829 chapel which had fallen into disrepair. Adjoining land formerly 31 The Green also used for this construction.Cottages Nos.10-20 Derby Road on the west side of The Green were demolished.1970‘The Village Society’ formed to help preserve the village heritage and environment.